Upcoming Outreach Events:
- 9-10 Oct 2019 ESR 1 will be part of the Aston team at Photonex 2019 Coventry UK, a premier outreach & dissemination-to-industry event, where the Aston Institute of Photonic Technologies (AiPT) will be showcasing it’s research.
- 13 Dec 2019 ESR 2 will be participating in SPIE Student chapter activities at the Lichtjevond (Lightfestival) at Delft, Netherlands,
- March 2020: ESR 3 will participate in the ‘Open house at DTU‘ event, held annually and attracting thousands of young people
- ESR 3 is participating in the Bestil en Forsker (Book a Researcher) scheme at DTU. The talk will also become available on the internet.
- ESR 4 is planning to produce a short video about FONTE research and its ESRs, to be made available on the project website
- ESR 1 has joined the OSA/SPIE student chapter at Aston University and will take an active role in their upcoming outreach events.
- All ESRs are planning to visit local high schools in 2020 to talk about Photonics and FONTE in particular.
Previous AiPT Outreach events:
Here are some examples of activities the Aston Institute of Photonic Technologies (AiPT) at Aston University has organised previously in other H2020 ITNs.:
…TV appearance of ESRs in the Initial training Network TRIPOD
… and sugar rocks (sweets) to explain fibre lasers to a younger audience
Still stuck for outreach ideas? More ideas for outreach activities are listed here