Francesco Da Ros received his B.Sc. degree in information engineering from Università degli Studi di Padova, Italy, in 2008. He also received a dual M.Sc. degree in telecommunication engineering from Università degli Studi di Padova, Italy, and Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, in 2011 and the Ph.D. degree from the Technical University of Denmark in 2014. Between 2013 and 2014, he spent a seven-month research stay at Fraunhofer Institute for Telecommunications, Heinrich-Hertz-Institute, Germany. Between 2015 and 2017, he has been working as a post-doc researcher at the Department of Photonics Engineering at DTU within the Center for Silicon Photonics for Optical Communications (SPOC) focusing on all-optical signal processing and nonlinearity compensation techniques for optical transmission systems. During that period, he spent a month working at the Aston Institute of Photonic Technologies (AIPT) on optical phase conjugation under Prof. Andrew Ellis. He is currently involved within the ERC consolidator grant FRECOM under Assoc. Prof. Darko Zibar, focusing on the inverse scattering transform and machine learning techniques applied to coherent communications. Dr. Da Ros has co-authored more than 100 journal and conference papers, he is a OSA Young Professional Volunteer member, an IEEE Young Professional member and has been serving as technical subcommittee member of the Conference on Lasers and Electro Optics (CLEO) since 2018.
- Hu, F. Da Ros, M. Pu, F. Ye, K. Ingerslev, E.P. da Silva, Md. Nooruzzaman, Y. Amma, Y. Sasaki, T. Mizuno, Y. Miyamoto, L. Ottaviano, E. Semenova, P. Guan, D. Zibar, M. Galili, K. Yvind, T. Morioka, and L.K. Oxenløwe, “Single-source chip-based frequency comb enabling extreme parallel data transmission” Nature Photonics, 1749-4893 (2018).
- J.C. Medeiros Díniz, F. Da Ros, E.P. da Silva, R.T. Jones, and D. Zibar, “Optimization of DP-MQAM transmitter using cooperative coevolutionary genetic algorithm,” Journal of Lightwave Technology, 36, 2450–2462 (2018)
- P. Guan, F. Da Ros, M. Lillieholm, N.-K. Kjøler, H. Hu, K.M. Røge, M. Galili, T. Morioka, and L.K. Oxenløwe, “Scalable WDM phase regeneration in a single phase sensitive amplifier through optical time lenses,” Nature Communications, 1049 (2018).
- S. Gaiarin, A. Perego, E.P. da Silva, F. Da Ros, and D. Zibar, “Dual polarization nonlinear Fourier transform-based optical communication system,” Optica, 5, 263–270 (2018).
- F. Da Ros, A. Gajda, E. Liebig, E.P. da Silva, A. Peczek, P.D. Girouard, A. Mai, K. Petermann, L. Zimmermann, M. Galili, and L.K. Oxenløwe, “Dual-polarization wavelength conversion of 16-QAM signals in a single silicon waveguide with lateral p-i-n diode,” Photonics Research Journal, 6, 1–7 (2018).
- F. Da Ros, M.P. Yankov, E.P. da Silva, M. Pu, L. Ottaviano, H. Hu, E. Semenova, S. Forchhammer, D. Zibar, M. Galili, K. Yvind and L.K. Oxenløwe, “Characterization and optimization of a high-efficiency AlGaAs-On-Insulator-based wavelength converter for 64- and 256-QAM signals,” Journal of Lightwave Technology, 35, 3750–3757 (2017)